Saturday, May 10, 2014

Waffle Flower Crafts: You Rock My World Card

Hello friends and happy Saturday!

Today, I wanted to share a card I made with Waffle Flower Crafts Rock My World stamp set.  I was looking for inspiration on the internet and came across this awesome print from Minted.


I loved the colors and the simple design in this print.   Here is my take. 


On a piece of white card stock, I stamped the rocks in blue, pink, orange and black ink.  The orange and black rocks were created by inking and stamping the back side of the Live, Laugh, Love and Life is Beautiful rocks.  Stamping the back sides of your clear stamps is just another way to get more milage from your stamps.  


I stamped the sentiment in black ink and then had to figure out how to achieve the cool stripes on the rocks from the inspiration picture.  


After a few failed attempts at masking, I decided to pull out my paper piercer, needle and cream twine and stitch twine around the rocks.  In the end, I was really happy with the contrast between the graphic rocks and the rustic twine.  I adhered the completed card stock panel on a Fine Linen card base with some foam tape. 

I am also sharing this card with the Virginia's View Stitching challenge


Well, that's all for me today!  Thank you for stopping by!

Katie

5 comments:

  1. This is such a cool card! I love the way you used the burlap string! Great placement of the rocks and a perfect take on the inspiration piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, this is so creative and fun! I love the additional stitching for the textures and interests! I noticed the stitching design around the rocks over FB right away...(you have yet to link to V.V. Challenge)! Thanks SO much for being part of the Virginia's View Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! I have this set coming and I'm excited to see what I can do with it!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!