Saturday, May 24, 2014

Father's Day Card {Waffle Flower Crafts}

Hi friends!

Happy Saturday!  I am just popping in to share a Father's Day card that I created with Waffle Flower Craft's Hey Mr. stamp set.   Hey Mr. is such a great masculine set, and I adore the graphic tool set that Nina designed.

Using the tool images, I was able to stamp a pattern that looks just like a piece of patterned paper and I snapped a few pics along the way to show you how.


First I arranged the tools on my craft mat in a block formation.  I used the gridlines on my mat to ensure that the tools were straight and squared up.  Next I placed my acrylic block on the stamps and picked them up.

Next, I pressed the stamps into an ink pad and stamped them repeatedly.  I started in to bottom right corner and moved left before moving up the card.  I took care to stagger the stamped image to create a more interesting pattern.    I used a piece of printer paper under my project to catch the stray stamped images. 


I stamped the sentiment on a green bordered label that I had in my stash.  I trimmed the stamped panel and wrapped some twine around it in an "X" formation before adhering it to a kraft card base.  I trimmed the edge of the label and adhered it to the card with foam tape. 

Well that's all for me today!  Thanks so much for stopping by!  

Katie

2 comments:

  1. REALLY cool background, Katie! Love how you arranged the stamps!! Perfect Dad's card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background paper you made! So cool!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!