Monday, May 5, 2014

Can you felt it? Waffle Flower Blog Hop

Hello everyone! 

Welcome to Can You Felt It? - Waffle Flower Blog Hop! Today is the 5th of the month and also the day that the design team girls get together and share some fun craft projects using our newest stamps and dies released in April. 

If you came from Joni Andaya's blog, you are right on track!  If not, stop by the Waffle Flower blog to pick up the entire hop order.  



We teamed up with Benzie Design and are sharing some felt projects today!  I used the Electric Company collection of colors, the Notions stamp set and the Mailable 3D Bow Template Die to create a little gift set for my daughter who is beginning to learn how to sew. 


For the card, I stamped the buttons from Notions onto green cardstock in a random pattern.  To create the tomato pin cushions, I die cut ovals from the Magenta and Flamingo felt and then hand cut a pair of wonky stars from the Chartreuse felt to make the stems.  I inserted a few stick pins before glueing them to a piece of white card stock.  


An orange mat with a scalloped edge and a bit of blue twine to match the sentiment finished off the card.   I love how the two pin cushions look like a mama and little one.  This card might also make a nice Mother's Day card for a crafty, sewing mama. 

I also made a needle book and some bow-topped T-pins to add some fun pieces to her new hobby.  


For the needle book, I die cut some Magenta felt into a long rectangle shape.  The page's of the book were made from the Flamingo felt.  I simply stitched through all the layers of felts down the center to create the book.  I added a fun bow detail with the Mailable 3D Bow template die and Chartreuse felt.  

Here's a look at the inside of the book: 


I trimmed the needle book pages with pinking shears to add a fun detail.  Now, she has a special place to keep pins and needles. 

Lastly, the felt pins...


These were super easy to create.  I die cut more 3D bows from the felt- Cyan, Orange and Chartreuse and during assembly, I added some glue and a T-pin through the center. 

Here's one last look at my projects...  


I think she is going to love them!  

This is the gorgeous felt collection from Benzie Designs that I used in my projects: 


Giveaway!
You can't have a hop without prizes!  Leave comments along the way for chances to win a stamp set of choice from Waffle Flower Crafts. Enter before midnight Eastern on May 8 and the winner will be announced on Waffle Flower Blog on May 9th.

Special Discount for All
Enter WAFFLE10 for 10% off at Benzie Design. Valid through May 31st, 2014

That's it for me today!  Your next stop is Kim Kesti! 

Thanks for stopping by!!
Katie

32 comments:

  1. Oh, your little girl is going to love this! What a fabulous, clever way make the tomatoes! So clever! Love the colours and the project! That felt is to die for! No pun intended!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! That pin book is adorable and your pin cushion looks so cute, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable projects! Those felt colours are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute projects! Love all of them in these fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cute, cute! I especially love the needle book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Love the ideas. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet! I love the pin cushion card! It takes me back to seeing my mom sew when I was growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet! I love the pin cushion card! It takes me back to seeing my mom sew when I was growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg, super duper SWEET felt projects, love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling projects! What great little gifts for a seamstress these are! LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable! I love the pin cushion too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is perfect for a beginning seamstress!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the bow is cute. Love the tomato. It looks so realistic. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So love sewing and your project makes me love sewing and cardmaking even more, so fun

    ReplyDelete
  15. What cuter ideas for sewing and a very cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. SEW AWESOME, Katie!! Love what you did with the felt and Bow dies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful gift set for your daughter I'm sur she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMGoodness! So clever! I love the pins in the felt tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG these are all wonderful! Love the pincushion...the one on the card and the 3D one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness... absolutely adorable!! You are so creative. Thanks so much for sharing! AJ@queenofmynest

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cute projects - I love the sewing book!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute!! All are adorable! Love the stick pins on the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! Katie, these are such awesome projects! SO CUTE!!! (I really love your pin cushion, too! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the needle book and those cute bows! Fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  25. ADORABLE! Simply, perfect! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  26. ahhh! Those little bow pins are the cutest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a adorable gift set. Those bows are fantastic. Really love the cute pincushion

    ReplyDelete
  28. They are perfect for gift to crafty friend! Love love love the pin book and cushion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. They are so cute, Katie!!!!! My fav is a needle book. I'd like to make it my own. Thanks for the inspiration! May

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!