Sunday, December 18, 2011

Trigger Tuesday- And a Partridge in a Pear Tree

Hi friends-

I took some time out for Mom last night and created a card for Cath's Trigger Tuesday Challenge over at Moxie Fab World. This week's challenge was to create a card based on the following trigger photo:


Here is my card:


I created a card base of white cardstock and a panel in light grey and embossed the gray cardstock with a canvas impressions plate.  I cut a curved piece of white cardstock and topped it with glitter to give the feeling of a glittery snowdrift. I die-cut the tree from gray cardstock and stamped the tree image in Versamark and embossed with white embossing powder.  I added to glue to the front of the tree and coated it in some tinsel glitter before adhering the tree to the card.  I added pearls to the tree and stamped the sentiment before attaching the the completed the panel to the card base.

I was inspired by the trigger in the following ways:

  • Theme: Christmas 
  • Colors:  The lovely grays, creams and tans- who says that you need bright colors to make a striking card?
  • Embellishments:  I added glitter and pearls to mimic the adornment on the bird's breast and wing
  • The bird: I curved the snowdrift to reflect the curves of the bird and its feathers.
  • The trigger item itself:  The trigger is a pillow, I embossed the gray cardstock with a canvas impression plate to reflect the fabrc and adhered the stamped panel to a card base with some cushy pop dots.

Hope you like my take on the trigger.  Thanks for stopping by!

Katie

12 comments:

  1. I love your take on this! Very sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous! You know, that sofa in the card today kind of fits this challenge, too, in its own way! :-) Thanks for visiting my blog, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very elegant! Love your beautiful glittery tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Katie! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO glad you commented on my blog. I've spent the last 15 minutes going through your gorgeous posts and am now a follower!! I love your stamping style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. congrats on your tuesday trigger win.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so very pretty, congratulations on your shout out for the Tuesday Trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS Katie! Seriously fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! LOVE this. This card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so elegant and really goes along with the Trigger wonderfully! Congrats on your shout out at Moxie Fab.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!