Thursday, September 25, 2014

You're a gem {Take 2 Thursday}

Hello, hello friends,

Happy Thursday!  Lindsay and I are back today with another Take 2 Thursday.  This week we are using the Poet Society Card Kit from Studio Calico.  I have been a Studio Calico subscriber for 7 months now, and I have to say that the stamp set included in the September kit is hands down one of my favorites- jewels, banners, a fancy font and sentiments for a variety of occasions- what's not to love?!  Anyway, here's my take with the kit:


I made a card from white card stock.  Next I die cut a circle from a panel of 4.25 x 5.5" white card stock.  I aligned the die cut panel with the card front and used a pencil to trace the circle on my card.  I stamped the sentiment first in black ink. 


Next, for the gems and jewels, I employed the "two step stamping with one step stamp" technique.  In other words, I inked up and stamped the back side of the stamp before stamping the lined image on top.  This technique works well with almost any symmetrical stamp.  I am not great at coloring, so this allows me a fast and easy way to get some color to my lined images.   

Once I stamped the larger images, I filled in the design with a few of the smaller gems and stars.  I erased the pencil line and adhered the die cut panel to the card with foam tape. 

Here's a look at the Poet Society kit: 


That's all for me today, but please be sure to visit Lindsay's blog to see what she created with this kit.  I know it will be amazing! 

Thanks for stopping by!
Katie


3 comments:

  1. Super fun, love seeing how different your cards are and using the same kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suuuper cute, Katie! It's so bold, and fun! What a great clean and simple card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So bright and fun Katie! I can't wait to see you again :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!