Thursday, September 4, 2014

All is Calm, All is Bright {Take 2 Thursday}

Hello there,

My friend, Lindsay and I are back today for another Take 2 Thursday. This time, we are using the sweet Storybook stamp set from Avery Elle.  This the darling animal images in this set were hand drawn by the talented Heather Campbell.

 I paired Storybook with the Let It Snow stamp set, to create a wintery scene.


I stamped the birch trees from Let it Snow in Hero Arts Wet Cement ink on a Fine Linen card base.  I die cut the snow bank using Avery Elle's Custom Panels Elle-ments Die and stamped the sentiment from Let it Snow in red ink. I lightly inked the snowflake background with Avery Elle's White Pigment Ink and stamped it over top of the birch trees.


Next I stamped and die cut the bird and deer from Storybook onto card stock.  I will readily admit that I am not the best colorer, so stamping images on colored card stock is a simple, no fuss way to add a pop of color to my images.  I added a few spots to the deer with a white colored pencil.

I adhered the deer and bird to the card and added a red gem to the deer's nose to transform him to a famous holiday icon. ;)

Be sure to stop by Lindsay's blog to check out her use of this adorable set!  

That's it for me, for now, but I will be back in a couple hours with Avery Elle's Fall Release Blog Hop! 

Thanks for stopping by!
Katie


3 comments:

  1. This is so dear, Katie (haha)! Just love that little deer, and she fits right into the scene with the trees beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is sooo adorable! Love all of the kraft cardstock! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet scene you created here Katie! I love the little red gem nose. Too stinking cut :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!