Hello again! :)
I am so super excited today to be participating in my very first Avery Elle Blog Hop in celebration of the Fall 2014 release. For today's hop I made a card with the North Pole stamp set. I just adore the scripty hats included in this set, so I tried to build a card using just those images.
On a piece of Cherry card stock, I stamped the hat sentiments in Versamark and then heat embossed them with white embossing powder.
A couple tips:
- Selectively ink the stamp and leave the hat portion of the image uninked to avoid making an impression.
- I stamped and embossed two rows of the background at a time to avoid an embossing powder disaster.
- I also used my Embossing "Bestie" (we are much more than mere "buddies") between each round of stamping/embossing to minimize stray powder flecks.
I matted the stamped panel with black card stock and adhered it to a white card base. For the focal point, I stamped and embossed jolly on a black card stock circle. I stamped a die cut one of the stars using the coordinating die set on yellow card stock and adhered it above the "J" for a small pop of color.
You can't have a blog hop without an awesome prize and Avery Elle is giving away a $25 Gift Certificate to one random winner. To enter to win just comment on this post. There is no purchase necessary and you must be 18 years of age or older to enter. This giveaway is void where prohibited. You can also do options 2, 3, 4, 5 or all 6 of the following to increase your chances of winning. You have until midnight Sunday, September 7th to enter. The winner will be announced on the Avery Elle Blog on Monday, September 8th . All products are available for purchase in the Avery Elle store right now.
To enter to win you can do 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or all 6 of the following to increase your chances:
- Comment on any of the design team's posts and/or on the Avery Elle Blog
- Follow Avery Elle on Twitter and tweet the contest (we are @averyellestamps )
- Follow Avery Elle on Facebook (we are www.facebook.com/AveryElle ) and share us with your friends - make sure they tell us you sent them.
- Follow Avery Elle on Pinterest
- Become an Avery Elle blog follower through email (comment on the Avery Elle blog if you already follow AE)
- Join our Flickr group (comment on the Avery Elle blog if you already belong)
Be sure to check out even more amazing inspiration from the awesome team:
Katie Gehring - You are Here! :)
Well that's it for me today! Thanks so much for stopping by and good luck!