Monday, April 23, 2012

Grand

Hello!

Just popping in to share a scrapbook layout that I created for Pretty Little Studio's sketch challenge.  I few weeks ago, I received my Pretty Little Studio order and inside was all kinds of vintage cuteness, including the Mousier collection that I used to make my layout below: 


This layout features my grandpa, Paige and Sophie's great grandpa, who turned 94 years old last week.  He is so amazing and as my Aunt Anne says, "he is truly the finest person to ever be put on this Earth."  These photos were taken a few years back during what turned out to be his last visit to my house.  Nowadays, he sticks pretty close to home which is Columbus and he and my mom have not been up to making the 2 hour drive north to visit us.  That's ok though, and we try to make it down to Columbus as often as we can for a visit. 

Here are a couple more pics of the layout. 


Notice the blue spray ink?  I am trying to break out of my comfort zone. 


The rosettes are from American Crafts City Park collection, but I thought they complimented the other papers nicely.  Buttons are from PTI and the sticker letters are Cosmo Cricket from the stash-a-rooni. I was so thrilled to have the Mousier collection released so that I have some more choices in creating for the guys in my life. 

Hope you enjoy my take on the sketch and if you haven't already, you should really give these sketches a whirl.  Not only have they gotten me back into scrapping, but they provide excellent and totally do-able ideas for using smaller sheets of patterned paper in your layouts- great way to use up scraps and for folks who primarily make cards- this is a great way to stretch those 6 x 6 or 8 x 8 paper collections. 

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!