Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Trigger Tuesday: Perty and Flirty

Hi friends!

Did you see the Trigger Tuesday inspiration pic on Cath's Moxie Fab World?  I don't think this coat could be any cuter. Totally dreamy!


Our challenge was to create a card that pays homage to this lovely inspiration photo, and here is what I dreamed up. 

You're Lovely



I echoed the yellow coat through the yellow flirty bloomers on the dress form.  I also selected a soft pink background to represent the floral background in the photo.  The buttons on the coat translated into the touches of black and of course the button in the center of the newsprint flower- see close up below. 



I incorporated prints like the houndstooth and polka dot that you would find in clothing because the inspiration was fashion and finally, the florals,  glitter, scallops, and ruffles just up the feminine ante just enough, I hope to capture the essence of this beautiful trigger.

There is still plenty of time to play along (deadline Sunday, July 24), and I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Thanks for stopping by!
Katie

Supplies

  • Cardstock: The Paper Company
  • Stamps: You're Lovely from Waltzingmouse Stamps
  • Ink: Verafine
  • Patterned Paper: Websters Pages
  • Ribbon: Offray
  • Button and twine: Papertrey Ink
  • Glitter: Martha Stewart
  • Dies: Papertrey Ink
  • Border Punch: EK Success
  • Other: Bookprint

5 comments:

  1. So sophisticated and gorgeous Katie! Love it! Thank you for thinking about me this week! Archiver's or bust, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! So beautiful! I just ordered a few sets from WMS and now I regret not getting that set too )-:
    Love what you created with it + thanks so much for your sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Katie! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Love your glittery dress form!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little touch of yellow in the dressform and the hint of floral in the lower panel. It's so understated and lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!