Sunday, July 31, 2011

Paper Crafts Color Inspiration Challenge #7

Hi all-


I had the gift of productive crafting time Saturday night and made, not one, but TWO cards for the Paper Crafts Color Inspiration Challenge #7 currently being featured on the Paper Crafts Connection blog. 


This color combination was taken from the pages of  Color Inspiration of Card Makers. The Bazzill equivalents are Caribbean Breeze, Petty Cash shimmer, Mango and Candlelight:


 

Below is my first card using Maile Belles new Background Basics Vines set from Papertrey Ink.  I stamped the vines in Hawaiian Shores, Mango and Aloe Vera on white cardstock.  The simple sentiment was stamped in Verafine Black.  I rounded one corner and mounted the stamped panel using pop dots on a piece of Candleglow cardstock. (My LSS did not have any Candlelight, so I had to improvise.) I finished off the card with a yellow button tied with twine. 

Hello Friend

The second card is in honor of my friend and coworker who is having her first baby- a little boy- in about a month.  I was making decorations for her shower when I discovered this little star die cut in my stash of goodies. The star just so happened to feature the petty cash, mango and candlelight colors.  I die cut a onesie, trimmed with more petty cash, added some eyelets for the snaps and stamped the sentiment (Bitty Baby Blessings additions).  Don't you just love it when projects come together super easy like that? 

A Star is Born 

There is still time to play along with this challenge if you are so inspired!  You have until Aug 2 at midnight, MDT to upload your project. Thanks for stopping by!

Katie



1 comment:

  1. Super fun cards Katie! I love the first card, so modern and fab! The second is just darling, congrats to your friend!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!