Sunday, March 22, 2015

Live like it's Spring {Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge}

Hello friends!

It's time for another Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge.  This week is a Designer Draft challenge and here's my take. 






In place of the long banner on the sketch, I used the rainbow clouds from the Luminous Spring stamp set.  I used a stamp positioner (thank you Misti) to lengthen the rainbow to the height of my panel.  


I colored the rainbow with Copic markers- except the purple stripe.  Apparently I don't own any purple Copic markers- so I had to improvise with a Distress Marker.  And needless to say, I will need to add a purple Copic marker or two to my crafty purchase list. ;) 

After all the marker drama, I decided to stamp the sentiment in black and keep the rest of the card pretty simple.  Here's a look at the inspiration sketch: 




So, now it's your turn!  Make a card inspired by this week's sketch and link up your creation to the Paper Smooches SPARKS blog by Saturday, March 28 at 11:59 PST.  The winner of this week's challenge will receive a $30.00 gift certificate to the Paper Smooches shop!  Yay!!! 

Be sure to check out the inspiration from the other Paper Smooches SPARKS team members playing along with this week's challenge: 

That's all for me today!  Thanks so much for stopping by!  I can't wait to see what you create! 
Katie





5 comments:

  1. Love how the touch of patterned paper grounds the rainbow! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG OMG OMG!! I LOVE this Sweet Card Design!! =) Such a FUN choice of Patterned Papers for you background and That is the PERFECT Stamp for this Challenge too!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just AMMMMMMMMMMAZING, Katie! I love the rainbow instead of the banner! LOVE the simplicity and those diag stripes at the top! LOVE LOVE LOVE everything (EVERY.THING) you make! You ROCK <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love the bold rainbow against the white panel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellently done!!! In love with the bright colors and that sentiment just grabbed hold and caught my heart!! The inspiration I got from this is - To live each day as if it were Spring is to see each day as a NEW beginning, a NEW opportunity for growth and blossoming!! So, I was mega uplifted by this post - your card is stunning and it spoke to my heart!! SO WELL DONE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!