Friday, March 20, 2015

Felting the Love for Dala Horses {Neat and Tangled}

Hello friends,

I am guest designing with Neat and Tangled this month, and I have been have so much fun playing with the March release.  This week, I pulled out the Dala Horse dies. I just love the Dala Horse images that Miriam designed.  The Dala Horse dies are such a great size and scale that I decided to whip up a little stuffed animal Dala Horse using a bit of felt, some ribbon and thread.



I die cut the Dala Horse shape twice from felt and stitched the layers together using white embroidery thread and a simple blanket stitch. Before stitching the animal shut completely, I paused to add some poly-fill stuffing using the blunt end of a pencil to help push the stuffing into all the nooks and crannies of the animal.  I used tacky glue to adhere the saddle and mane trimmings and stitched a loop of gingham ribbon to the horse to serve as a hanger.  A black brad serves as the horse’s eye.



I stamped the circles included in the coordinating Dala Horse stamp set with Red, Aqua and Yellow ink before adding the sentiment with black ink. I cut around the largest circle and clipped the circle tag to the project with a wooden clothes pin.  The Dala Horse looks so sweet and could be used as an ornament, for gift packaging, in baby room decor or even as a fun tag for a child’s backpack.  



I know these sweet Dala dies are out of stock currently, but if you go to the product page and click the Email Me when Available link and enter your email address, you will get a note when the dies are back in stock.  

Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek! 
Katie

4 comments:

  1. Amazing and wow - so cute!!! Totally made me smile and I am so impressed with your thinking outside the box to make something other than a card with N & T products!!! Cool - love the colors - it just turned out AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! This is FABULOUS! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!