Friday, August 8, 2014

Getting my kraft on {AE Challenge}

Howdy friends! 

Happy Friday! I firmly believe that Friday is the BEST day of the week.  The work week is coming to a close, and the weekend is full of possibilities.  In the event that your weekend possibilities includes some "krafty" time, today starts another challenge on the AEI{heart}U blog.  The challenge is kraft- use kraft on your project.  So simple and full of so many possibilities (kind of like the weekend)...

Here's what I dreamed up:



I stamped and masked the flowers from Petals and Stems with pigment ink on kraft card stock. Pigment ink works really well on kraft because it sits on top of the paper instead of being absorbed into the paper.  I stamped the sentiment in black ink. Next I die cut the kraft panel with the angled die from the Custom Panels Elle-ments.  

























I adhered the kraft panel to a white card base.  I stamped the bottom of of the white card stock with the striped tile from the Texture Tiles: Be Cool set.  I just found out this set is being discontinued, so if you have been meaning to add it to your collection, you will want to do that soon.  It's still available here at Simon Says Stamp and here at Ellen Hutson.  As a final touch, I added a gem from Zva Creative to accent the sentiment and balance the card with three pops of black against the kraft. (I may be trying to sound like I know what I am talking about... design-wise... don't be fooled!)



Well that's it for me today. Be sure to stop by the AEI{heart}U blog for even more inspiration from the design team and to link up your take on this week's challenge.  I can't wait to see you get "krafty!" 

Thanks for stopping by!
Katie

3 comments:

  1. OMG OMG OMG!! This is BEAUTIFUL!! =) I LLOOOOVVVEEE the Bright colors you used to stamp onto the KRAFT!! WOWOWOWOW!! =) LOVE the Strips too!! GREAT Design I LOVE this CARD!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely, GORGEOUS!!! Love!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!