Thursday, May 10, 2018

Avery Elle Summer 2018 Blog Hop!


Hello friends!

Welcome to Avery Elle's Summer 2018 Release Party and blog hop!! I am so excited about the latest round of stamps and dies debuting this month, and I can't wait to share more ideas with you in the coming weeks. For now, I am just mad for the Mod stamp set. I have two takes to share with you today- one is tidy and the other is a totally tubular.


For the tidy Mod card, I stamped the solid triangles onto a panel of white card stock.  A precision stamping tool- like the MISTI- comes in handy if you want to nestle the shapes tightly together. I stamped the lines with black ink and added the sentiment in the center.  I trimmed the panel just slightly, matted it with black card stock and adhered it to a note card. 


For the 80's inspired card, I just played with all the different shapes and patterns. I repeated the black diagonal lines in each corner of the panel to give a sense of symmetry and I stuck with a palette of reds/pinks, aquas and yellow.  I love how you can get a dramatically different effect using the same simple stamp set. 


I trimmed down the panel, matted it on black card stock and adhered it to a note card.  

Now you can't have a Blog Hop without a prize and to celebrate our Summer 2018 Release Blog Hop, Avery Elle is giving away a $25 Gift Certificate to one random winner.  To enter to win just comment on this post and the posts of the other designers participating in today's hop. 




You have until midnight Sunday, May 13th to enter.  The winner will be announced on the Avery Elle Blog on Monday, May 14th .  All products are available for purchase in the Avery Elle store right now!!

Happy Hopping!  Thanks so much for stopping by!
Katie

27 comments:

  1. These cards are very creative - love the modern look:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are really cool! Love the graphic design and your gorgeous color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, an awesome release! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun cards! Love your color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look awesome!
    Great corner designs.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I follow on
    Facebook.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! Wonderfully graphic CAS cards. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are AWESOME. Love the throwback to the 80's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the grungy look of the hello card. Awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of the new ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cool modern design cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful graphic cards I love this unique stamp set

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun cards! Love the graphic designs you created!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the modern look. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Katie, these are stunning! Your use of design and dimension and color are brilliant! The former math tutor in me literally just squealed, too! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the colors and the mod designs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You’ve made a great duo of cards, very graphic !
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the designs on the backgrounds.
    Lots of interest and dimension.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fun!! Love the hello card; the colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooh very cool patterns, the mod look turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!