Friday, August 22, 2014

Sequin Shaker Birthday Card {AE Challenge}

Hello friends!  

Well we made it to the end of another week and this Friday is super special because we are kicking off another Avery Elle I {heart} U challenge.  This week's challenge is sequins.  I assume you might have one or two laying about your crafty area right? ;) Here's my take on this week's challenge:

Shaker cards seem to go hand in hand with the whole sequin-craze, so I decided to create a simple shaker card for the challenge.  First, I trimmed a piece of patterned paper from Avery Elle's new Brights Collection patterned paper pad the same size as my card front. Next I die cut a circle in the center of a panel and adhered a piece of acetate to the back of patterned paper panel.  I created a foam tape border around the die cut and carefully poured in some sequins.  I knew I wanted some stamping to be visible in the circle, so I was careful not to add too many sequins.  


I trimmed a piece of thin white card stock a bit larger than the circle and stamped birthday from Simply Said: Happy stamp set and tried as best I could to adhere it so that the stamped sentiment would be appear straight across the card. 


I adhered the finished and sealed panel to a white card stock base using a bit of foam tape in the corners and across the bottom so the card was evenly popped up. Finally, I die cut happy using the Happy Elle-ments die from Fizz card stock and adhered is across the shaker circle. 


Well that's it for me today. Be sure to stop by the AEI{heart}U blog for even more inspiration from the design team and to link up your take on this week's challenge.  I can't wait to see what you create!
Thanks for stopping by!
Katie

1 comment:

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!