Thursday, June 26, 2014

Take 2 Thursday- Studio Calico Hello Hello

Hello, hello friends and Happy Thursday!

Lindsay and I are back for another Take 2 Thursday and this week, we are playing with the June Card Kit from Studio Calico called Hello Hello.


After my beloved Archivers closed earlier this year, I picked up a subscription to two kit clubs to have a way to infuse some newer crafty items into my supply stash each month.  It's been fun getting a box of inspiring goodies with a selection of patterned papers and embellishments. Any items that I don't see myself using, I plan to sell or give away to keep my supplies at a manageable level.

Of course, my favorite part of any kit is the stamps, so playing with the Hello Hello stamp set, I created two cards. First up, a floral thank you card.  I used some of the shapes in the stamp set to create some flowers and leaves.


I stamped the flower centers in black and added a black enamel dot to the center.  I stamped the sentiment in black ink and adhered the panel to a kraft card base. 


Next up is a more graphic card using the polka dot stamp.  I stamped the dots across the card front in rainbow shades of ink.  I alternated the direction of the stamp and it created the fun zig-zag pattern. 


I matted the stamped panel with black cardstock  and adhered it to a green card base.  


I stamped the sentiment on a strip of paper and adhered it to the card with foam tape. 

Here is a look at the June kit- I think there some still available at the Studio Calico store. ;o)


Well that's all for me today.  Be sure to stop by Lindsay's blog to see her fantastic work with this kit.  

Thanks for stopping by!
Katie



4 comments:

  1. Two amazing cards! Love them! And that kit looks pretty awesome! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove them both, Katie! I think it's funny how we both created a floral and a graphic card! I adore yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! Love them!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!