Thursday, June 12, 2014

Take 2 Thursday: Avery Elle's Brushed Birthday Card

ETA:  Whoopsie!  Lindsay and I got our wires crossed about which Avery Elle set we were using. She used Write It and I used Brushed.  Previously Lindsay used Brushed on this card and I used Write It on this card.  We'll be in sync next time- promise!!! :)

Hello friends!

I hope your week is going well!  Lindsay and I are back today with another Take 2 Thursday.  Take 2 Thursday is a just for fun feature that my crafty pal, Lindsay Amrhein, and I do every other week.  We pick a stamp set and offer up a couple of different ideas for using it on your projects.  If you would like to catch up on some of our other Take 2 Thursday posts, click here.


Watercoloring and the painted look in stamping is a hot, hot trend and we just love it, so this week, we are using the Brushed stamp set from Avery Elle.

I really love the bold watercolor strip featured in the stamp set, so I decided to create a striped ombre card. 


Starting at the top of a white card stock panel, I stamped the stripe in shades of pink moving from dark to light as I stamped down the panel.  The final pink strip is such a light pink that it's not coming across very well in the picture, but it's there- just very light.  I was able to achieve the lighter stripes through some generational stamping.


Once the ink was dry, I stamped the happy birthday sentiment in Versamark and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder.  I matted the stamped panel on a piece of gold foil card stock before adhering it to a white card stock base.   A few flat sequins finished off the card. 

Here's a look at the Brushed set: 



I just love the font and those stripes have so many possibilities!! Be sure to stop by Lindsay's blog today to check out her card! I know she will have something awesome!

Thanks for stopping by!!
Katie 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the ombre effect with the gold embossing!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!