Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Avery Elle- Shoot for the Stars


Hello friends, Happy Wednesday!

I am just popping in today as Avery Elle's guest designer for September to share a card I made with the Written in the Stars set.

  Avery Elle- Written in the Stars 

 I adore the many, many occasions that this set covers... love, friendship, birthday... and I thought that for this week, I would try an encouragement card. I stamped the background strip repeatedly on a card I made from Aquamarine card stock.  Next, I die-cut a stitched circle and stamped the star arrow and sentiment.

Avery Elle- Written in the Stars close up

I die-cut a star border from yellow and orange card stock, matted it to black cardstock and adhered it on a diagonal across the front of the card.  I adhered the stamped circle with a bit of foam tape. A couple small die-cut stars accent the sentiment and arrow image.  I really like how these bold colors work together. This card would even work for a recent graduate!

Well that's all for me today!  Be sure to stop by the Avery Elle blog to see the other amazing project from the design team that Jamie is highlighting today.

Thanks for stopping by!
Katie

Edited to add:  I got a question about what I used to create the tiny stars on the sentiment circle.  I used these border dies from Papertrey Ink.  The stitched circle is from Lil Inker designs.

2 comments:

  1. Soooo fun Katie! What great colors and your stamping is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it...the colour combo and star border look great. What die/punch did you use for your tiny stars next to the sentiment? jeandonny2000 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!