Saturday, August 18, 2012

Teacher Gift Idea: A Bouquet of Pencils

Good morning!

I hope you are having a lovely weekend!  This is our last official weekend of summer as the girls start back to school on Wednesday. (sigh...) My oldest, Paige, will be starting 3rd grade and my baby, Sophie, is starting Kindergarten.

In honor of back to school, I wanted to share a simple gift idea that the girls will be giving their teachers on the first day of school.


I covered a white mailing tag with patterned paper.  I die cut a label (My Favorite Things) from white cardstock and stamped the sentiment from Paper Smooches in black ink and added TEACHER in sticker letters (October Afternoon).  I die-cut and stamped an apple (Papertrey Ink) and added a white hole reinforcer to the tag.

I tied the pencils together with some black ribbon and attached the tag with some twine.  A red button finished off the gift.

Well, that's all for me today.  Lots to do still.... like shopping for clothes, shoes, and laundering hand-me-down uniforms.  

Have a super weekend!
Katie

1 comment:

  1. I have two boys and they are going into the same grades as your girls! What a fun back to school gift!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!