Monday, May 2, 2016

May Inspiration Challenge {Waffle Flower Crafts}

Hello friends,

A photo inspired Waffle Flower Challenge started yesterday and continues through the May 25.  This month, we are taking inspiration from this pretty sitting room nook.


I was inspired by the colors in the photo to create a card using watercolors and the Potted Stamp Set


I stamped and heat embossed the large succulent planter with white detail embossing powder onto a watercolor panel.  Next I added color using my Zig Clean Color brush markers.  I typically scribble the marker onto a stamp block or plastic pallet and then transfer the color to my canvas using a water brush.  Adding the extra water really softens the colors and allows for more of that lovely watercolor variation.  Once the panel was dry, I stamped a sentiment from the set with gray ink. 

Find out all the details about the May Waffle Flower Challenge here including rules and how to link up.  I can't wait to see what you create! 

Thanks for stopping by!
Katie

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful CAS design Katie and your water colouring is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!