Sunday, May 1, 2016

Life is a Wonderful Experiment

Hello friends,

I have a card to share today that's just for fun.  Last weekend, I went to a crafty weekend with my girlfriends and it was good.  Good to catch up with everyone... good to establish a new set of inside jokes... good to be away from the daily grind... and good to be crafty.  I made a bunch of cards that I will be posting on my blog in the coming weeks, but I also had time to scrapbook and make some project just for fun.  This card is one of those.


I have been experimenting with MFT's Undeniable Chemistry stamp set by Laina Lamb for a few months.  I have made many, many cards with this set that for some reason of another, didn't feel right to me.  Not one to be deterred by past experiences and bolstered by the encouragement of my crafty friends, I decided that I would give it another go.   First I die cut the flasks from vellum and the liquid from watercolor paper so that I could add hue with my Zig Clean Color brush markers.


So far so good, so I decided to line the flasks up in rainbow order and borrow some inspiration fro my layout from Sketch 276 from the MFT Card Challenges blog.  I die cut the white panel with the Die-Namics Stitched Strip and stamped the sentiment with the help of my MISTI.  Finding the gray grid patterned paper in one of my old Studio Calico Project Life kits really made the colors pop.   I thought that the "Life is a Wonderful Experiment" sentiment was truly fitting for this card.  Goodness knows I have done my fair share of experimenting with this stamp set, but that's definitely been part of the fun.

That's all for me today, but if you are interested in checking out more of my projects that aren't featured on my blog (as well as the ones that are), I'd love for you to follow me on Instragram.

Thanks for stopping by!
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!