Friday, May 29, 2015

Tombow + Waffle Flower Blog Hop


Good morning!  

Welcome to the Tombow + Waffle Flower Crafts blog hop.  The teams from each of these companies have come together today to share some inspiration using Waffle Flower and Tombow products.  I am super excited to share a couple of projects that I made.  

First up- the sticky stuff- and I am talking about these Adhesive Dots from Tombow! 


So my original thought was to add glitter or even gold embossing powder to these Adhesive Dots, but I really liked the way they looked in their natural form.  My challenge was to deactivate the sticky without messing with the color too much. 

Clear embossing powder to the rescue!  Since things were about to get seriously sticky, I stamped my sentiment first.  The sentiment is from the Congrats Stamp Set. After placing the Adhesive Dots on the card in my desired pattern, I carefully peeled off the remaining plastic sheet and sprinkled the card with clear embossing powder.  I zapped it with the heat gun and voila- fun confetti using Adhesive Dots!



Next up, something a little more dreamy...


For this card, I used Tombow Dual Brush Markers to create the dreamy background on watercolor card stock.  To create the blended background, I first scribbled color onto an acrylic stamp block, picked up the pigment with a baby wipe and rubbed the wipe onto the card stock.  I learned the hard way, to only do one color at a time and allow the card stock to completely dry before moving onto next steps. 

I die cut the Doily Circle Die and glued it to the background using Tombow's Multi Liquid Glue.  Liquid glue is perfect for detailed die cuts and the fine tip applicator allowed me to put just the right amount of adhesive onto the die cut.  


I stamped and heat embossed the feathers from the Feather More stamp set and the sentiment is from the Doily Circle Stamp Set


Giveaways!!!



Now, you can't have a hop without prizes, so Waffle Flower is giving away a Doily Square Die and Doily Square Stamp Set.  Tombow is giving away a set of Bright Dual Brush Pens, the Tombow Mono Aqua Liquid Glue, Tombow Adhesive Dots and Tombow Foam Tape.

To enter to win the prizes, just leave a comment on any of the participating designer's blogs by June 2.  The list of designers is below. :)   Happy hopping and good luck! 




33 comments:

  1. Wow, 2 beauties, the first one is superbly CAS, and the water colored look on the second one is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I saw this I wondered how they woudl work as an adhesive for vellum. Centers for flowers?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Katie! I especially like the first one. Great idea for how you used the adhesive dots! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea for the adhesive dots card!! Second card watercolored look is fantastically done! loved both cards so much

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are stunning and creative! Love them both

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're both fab, but I especially like the dreamcatcher!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful! Love your background with the dream catcher!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you used the colored adhesive dots. I've been trying to come up with an idea how to do that since I started on the "Hop." Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great idea!! simple, but beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the creative use of the colored dots and the way to desticky them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your thinking-outside-the-box use for the Tombow adhesive dots.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the adhesive dots card and the feather card is indeed dreamy!! Wonderful job on both of them and you showcased the products very well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. SUPER idea of embossing the sticky dots!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The dots card is cute. I was wondering what was going on with the colored adhesive dots. Clever idea!!! Love the background on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a creative way to use the glue dots. Gotta try this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic cards. Love your use of the color adhesive dots--cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun glitter dots and
    your dream catcher
    came out very pretty.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your cards...the little things remind me of candy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh!! Your cards are fabulous! I am not familiar with the colored adhesive dots but LOVE how gorgeous you made them by embossing them on your card! Terrific water coloring as well for the second! You are just FULL of talent and creativity and loved the layering and inspiration! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both your cards are amazing. I love the way you have used the colored adhesive dots on the first one. What a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great idea, love the dots and the colors too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I didn't know glue dots came in colors. Wonderful idea. Glad they became available.
    Love the first card - it's plain and simple but so pretty.
    The second card is beautiful - the shading is great and the dreamcatcher partially off the page is a good idea.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great idea using clear EP to deactivate the adhesive on the festive dots!!!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE that dreamy watercolor background on your dreamcatcher card. I am in raptures!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. both cards are so beautiful and so creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous cards Katie. Off to lift I.e. copy...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very clever polka dot card and I like the dreamy colors on the feather card.

    ReplyDelete
  27. So very cool! Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh I love the cheerful colors of the Yippee card! Also the background with the dream catcher...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great idea with the dots. Love thst card. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  30. thanks for sharing wonderful techniques

    ReplyDelete
  31. Both cards are great! Love the adhesive dot idea, and especially love the background on the dreamcatcher card! That is such a versatile die.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!