Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Thinking of You Card {Take 2 Thursday}

Hello friends,

Lindsay and I are back today with another installment of Take 2 Thursday- only this time on a Wednesday.  This week, we are both using Simon Says Stamp January 2015 Stamp Kit featuring the Hand Lettered Winter Wishes stamp set.


I was definitely inspired by the colors included in the January kits- all the pretty and wintery blues and purples when pulling together my card.  I stamped the striped border on a blue card base.  Next I trimmed a panel of cream card stock and stamped thinking of you in navy ink, followed by a sprinkling of the stars included in the stamp set along with a few sequins. 


I adhered the stamped panel to the card base with foam tape. 

This is my second month of my Simon kit subscription.  So far, I really love the kits, but I need to challenge myself to incorporate more of the kit- especially the patterned paper and other embellishments.  I tend to reach for the stamp set and there are so many other goodies included in the kits.  Next month- look for more kit items featured and maybe an extra card or two- hold me accountable friends!  



Well that's all for me today, but be sure to stop by my talented friend, Lindsay's blog to see what she created with the kit. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Katie


2 comments:

  1. Love, love the side border on this card and also really think it is cool how a simple sentiment can be jazzed up by some perfectly placed stamped stars and sequins!!! So very well done!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!