Friday, November 28, 2014

DIY Snow Globe Gift Card Holder {Avery Elle}

Hello friends, 

I am over on the Avery Elle blog today sharing an idea for a DIY Snow Globe and Gift Card Holder using the Be Jolly stamp set designed by my teammate, Heather Campbell.  


I love the mason jar snow globe projects I have been seeing both online and on stationary, so I decided to try my hand at making one with the cutie snowman from the Be Jolly set and make it a gift card holder as well. 

To make this project you will need: 
  • Be Jolly stamp set and coordinating Elle-ment die by Avery Elle
  • Alice Tag die Elle-ments by Avery Elle
  • Wide mouth Mason Jar
  • Black, Red and Pale Blue ink
  • Copic Markers- I used E29, BG10, BG13, YR18 and a Colorless Blender to add polka dots to the hat and scarf
  • 2 binder clips
  • Foam Tape
  • Strong glue- I used Aleene's Tacky Glue, but a hot glue gun would work too. 
  • Pillow/plush Stuffing
  • Chunky glitter
  • Ribbon


Below is a step-by step for assembling the snow globe: 


1. Stamp and die cut snowman.  Color with markers. Die cut a second snowman shape, but do not stamp or color this die cut. 2. Attach snowman die cuts to both sides of a binder clip.  I used craft glue, but you could do it with any strong adhesive or even a bit of washi tape.  3. Use foam tape to attach front and back of snowman shape together. 4. Attach gift card to second binder clip and using craft strong adhesive (hot glue gun works too), adhere the flat side of the binder clips to the jar lid. 5. Apply more glue and adhere a bit of pillow/plush stuffing to the lid to cover the binder clip. 6. Add a tablespoon of chunky glitter to the jar.  

Once the adhesive is dry-and it's VERY IMPORTANT that everything is dry and secured to the lid- insert the lid in the ring, and screw the lid to the jar. Turn the jar upside down and shake the glitter to distribute.  


As a finishing touch, I die cut a rectangle tag included in the Alice Tag Die Collection and stamped Warm Wishes along with some small flakes also included in the Be Jolly stamp set.  


I tied the tag to the jar with a bit of red and white polka dot ribbon.


And voila!  All wrapped up and ready to go for gifting fun.  One last tip: To avoid making a mess of the glitter when your recipient opens the globe to retrieve the gift card, you may want to mention that the snow globe should be turned upside down so all the glitter falls to the bottom of the jar. 

Well that's all for me today!  Please let me know if you have any questions.  

Thanks for stopping by!
Katie 

2 comments:

  1. What an adorable gift idea! Pretty simple to create too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I just made one and it turned out so cute! Thanks for such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!