Saturday, June 22, 2013

AHOY Summertime

Hi friends,

I apologize for being a little MIA this week after my craft room share on Monday.  Sometimes life just gets in the way and in this instance it was a very busy week at work that just kinda zapped all my evening energy.

I will be back later this weekend and next week with more cards and storage ideas, but in the meantime, I thought I would share a card that was published in the July/August issue of Paper Crafts Magazine and featured on the Paper Crafts Connections blog earlier this week.


This card appears in the Nautical feature on page 37 of the print issue.  I approached this call without having any nautical-themed products in my stash, so I tried to be creative with other supplies to create a nautical look.  This card was made by trimming strips of cardstock at angles and constructing the helm of a cruise ship.  The stickers are Thinckers by American Crafts and the black dots are from Mark Richards Enterprises. 

I have another nautical card in this issue that can be found in the online issue as exclusive digital content.  This feature prompted me to play with the nautical trend for the first time and I have to admit that I am hooked.  I hope this is one trend that sticks around for a long time!

Hope you first weekend of summer, in the Northern Hemisphere anyway, is off to a great start! 

Take care and thanks for stopping by!

Katie  





2 comments:

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!