Sunday, December 30, 2012

May this be your best year ever!

Well, I am officially transitioned into vacation mode, one week in and one glorious week still to go.  Now that the holidays are winding down, I found some time to sneak into the mom cave and create some cards that I will be sharing on the blog this week. Yay!

First up is a card with a decidedly New Year's countdown feel. I am entering this card (and hopefully a few others) into Avery Elle's first AE i{heart}u challenge.

dsc_0416

I used one of my beloved stamp sets from Avery Elle called Count on It to create this one layer card. The  challenge was to make a card that reflects your personal style.  From a card-making perspective, my style is under a constant state of evolution as I love to try new things,  but one constant is my unfailing love and adoration for COLOR!   This card involved lots of fun colors of ink from Amuse Studios and VersaMagic Chalk ink.  The sentiment was stamped in Versafine Onyx Black pigment ink. As the final step, I rounded the bottom corners using my 3/8" corner chomper from We R Memory Keepers. 

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a safe and happy New Years!

Katie

2 comments:

  1. I am in love with this card! What a great way to do the countdown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use this set. I know that one layer cards can be quite difficult but you rocked this one! Love!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!