Sunday, December 16, 2012

A *VERY* Bright Christmas

Neon is hot- it seems to be popping up everywhere and not just on my tween's wardrobe and accessories.  As a child of the eighties, I am happy to see this trend revisited as it brings back fond memories of jelly shoes and banana clips. Cath, in Moxie Fab World is hosting a Keen on Neon Challenge, so I grabbed my favorite neon rolls of washi tape and I whipped up a couple neon Christmas Cards to play along:

dsc_0336

On this card, I used a Hero Arts die to cut a Christmas tree from cardstock and backed it with neon washi tape at a diagonal angle.  The sentiment is from Avery Elle's Merry + Bright set. I embossing the black cardstock with an embossing folder from Lifestyle Crafts. 


dsc_0341

Here is another interpretation of a neon Christmas Tree.  This time I cut it from Spellbinders pennant dies to form the tree and the trunk.  The black carkstock panel was embossed with Wplus9's chevron embossing plate and the sentiment was stamped onto a folded banner die from Simon Says Stamp. 

That's all for me today.  Thanks so much for stopping by!
Katie


5 comments:

  1. Totally awesome my friend! LOVE the bright washi and the tree negative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun bright Christmas cards! I love the neon trees with the embossed black backgrounds. Very cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Katie! Thanks for linking this up to the Keen on Neon Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!