Friday, October 12, 2012

Inspired by Pinterest: Foxy Baby Card

Hello and Happy Friday Friends!

Like many of you, I am sure, I love Pinterest and come across the most interesting and inspiring photos and projects through this site.  Many of my cards and projects are indeed sparked by pins, but sometimes, my favorite ideas for cards and paper crafts don't involve even a scrap of paper in their original form.

For instance, a few weeks ago I came across this picture:


I thought that this chair of foxy pillows might make for a good baby card, so I pulled out some of my dies and came up with this:


The fox was made by combining my boxy banner dies from Papertrey Ink with pennant and oval dies from Spellbinders.  I cut my desired shapes from patterned paper (My Mind's Eye) and pieced together the fox before tracing the shape onto a card base to make the shaped card. I added buttons and twine for the nose and eyes and the sentiment is from Waltzingmouse Stamps- Compact Sentiments.

You can check out some of what's been inspiring me lately on Pinterest by checking out my boards.

So what's your favorite non-paper inspiration for paper projects? 

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Katie 


7 comments:

  1. Totally adorable Katie! What a clever use of dies. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love it! Love the button eyes and nose and such a great sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so clever Katie and completely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute fox card...love how you used buttons for the eyes. BTW this is totally unrelated to the post but regarding skipping stone challenges... could you email me at jeandonny2000 at hotmail dot com. It is regarding a stamp set called uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, this is adorable! I love your "inspired" project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable and super creative! Great work.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!