Monday, February 13, 2012

Pinterest Project- Celebration of the Cityscape

Hello friends!

I know it's been a little quiet on the blog front, but for good reason.  The family and I just returned from a 7 vacation at Walt Disney World in Florida.  It was, sigh, magical! I will have some photos to share on the blog soon!

As I have been getting settled in and caught up with some life stuff, I came across a very cool print that I had pinned to Pinterest a few weeks ago and decided that last night was as good as any to create a card based on this inspiration print:


And using one of my newer sets from The Crafts Meow, I came up with this card:

Celebrate- City Style

On dark gray cardstock, I embossed the cityscape image from the Happy New Year set in Mustard Zing embossing powder and the fireworks in Teal embossing powder. Below the dark gray cardstock, I added a strip of light gray cardstock that I stamped with PTI's Background Basics Circles in yellow ink.  I added the sentiment from one of the Fillable Frames sets in black and accented the sentiment with a turquoise gem. I added some ribbon in Hawaiian Shores where the two colors of cardstock meet and adhere the finished panel to a card base made from the light gray cardstock.

I hope you find some inspiration in the card and print I shared today.  I will be popping by later in the week with some more fun things to share- like the release of Skipping Stones newest set- Sassy Cats and a sweet party invitation inspired by another image from Pinterest.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

Katie

2 comments:

  1. How awesome is this Katie! LOVE that set and you've made it shine one this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new type of card i can find in here looks pretty but not satisfy with their decorations,add some more decorative elements in here.......
    Plastic Card
    Plastic Cards

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!