Friday, October 23, 2015

You Warm My Heart {Avery Elle}

Hello friends, 

I am up on the Avery Elle blog today with a card I made using the adorable Polar Pals stamp set and Polar Pals Elle-ments dies


I tried a new technique with this background- salted watercolors! I started with a panel of Distress Watercolor paper and used Distress Ink to paint a watercolor background.  The ink colors I used were Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean and Mermaid Lagoon.   While the watercolor was still wet, I sprinkled the panel with salt.  When the paint dried, I brushed off the salt.  I love how the salt crystals created a snow-like swirl against the blues. 

I stamped and die cut the cute Polar Bears, adhered them to the panel.  I stamped the sentiment and added a little enamel heart as a finishing touch.  I attached the finished panel to a Fog card base from the Midnight note card collection

Well, that's all for me today, but be sure to stop by the Avery Elle blog for even more inspiration from the Design Team. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Katie



3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card ... your background ROCKS!! Thank you for describing how you created it and the colors of distress ink you used. Love your blog ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card truly warmed my heart and made me smile - the images are perfect and your background is so lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!