Sunday, January 25, 2015

Hey Sweets {Paper Smooches SPARKS}

Hey Sweets! :)

Just popping in this morning to share a card that I made for the latest Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge.  This week is a sketch challenge and here's my take:


I sort of flipped the sketch a bit and instead of using a scalloped frame, I used the scalloped frosting edge from the Cupcakes die.  Before adhering the cupcake to my card, I added a bit of interest by stamping the frosting with the polka dots from the Geo-Graphic stamp set and the wrapper with the diagonal stripes from the Kissables 2 stamps set. 


The sentiment if from the Ghoulfriends stamp set and I topped the cupcake with a heart from the Hearts Dies set.  The white sprinkles are enamel dots. 

Here's a look at this week's inspiration sketch: 




Ready to play?  You know the routine!  Link up your take on this week's challenge to the Paper Smooches SPARKS blog by 11:59 p.m. PST on Saturday, January 31.  The winner of the challenge will get a $30.00 gift certificate to the Paper Smooches store!  Yay!!!!  

Be sure to check out the inspiration from the other SPARKS team members playing along with this week's challenge: 

That's all for me today!  Thanks so much for stopping by!  I can't wait to see what you create! 
Katie

5 comments:

  1. This is yummy, delicious and SUPER awedome,!!! Love the stamped details you added to the fun cupcake!! My favorite is the white enamel dots on the cupcake top!! Looks good enough to eat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my kind of cupcake! Love the fun design and added interest you have added with the stripes and polka dots :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a bright and fun card! Love that big cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this Katie!! =) The colors and the Bold Design!! Plus Polka Dots!! =) YES PLEASE!! SUPER SWEET!!THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gooooooooodness, Katie! I just love love love this little cupcake! I love the polka dots... and the stripes on the liner.... love the simplicity.... it just looks so yummy! I love working with you--- you inspire me WEEKLY! LOVE:)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!