Friday, January 16, 2015

Succulent love {Waffle Flower Crafts}

Hello friends,

I am on the Waffle Flower Crafts blog today with a sharing some inspiration on a "growing" trend... succulents and here's a closer look at my card and a couple tips.


To create depth, I masked the two flower pots from the Planted stamp set before stamping the polka dot background from the Pattern Play stamp set.  While some may prefer fancy masking paper, I usually just reach for a pad of post-it notes and stamp the widest portion of the image onto the adhesive portion of the post it note. 


 Next, I grab some scissors and cut out the image.  I try to get as close as I can to the design. Position the post it over the image- the sticky from the post-it is usually enough to hold in place without adding any extra adhesive and risk messing up your project.  Once the mask is in place, stamp the background.  


After stamping, if your masks are in pretty good shape, consider storing them along with the stamp set to save time. 


I do hope you will stop by the Waffle Flower blog to see more about the growing tend of stylish succulents!  

Thanks for stopping by!
Katie


3 comments:

  1. Great pics - excellent help and awesome info to help others create better!! Love this card and masking is one of my favorite tricks!! What a very great job you did on this card!! Just loved this whole post!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!