Friday, February 28, 2014

A Hexagon Hello

Hello friends,

Happy Friday!  It seems like it's been a while since I had a chance to play along with a challenge over at Moxie Fab World, but this month is a good one, so I just had to make time.  The challenge this month is all about the hexagons and to play along, we need to create a project featuring this fun shape.

Here is what I came up with:


I got out my dies and a few scraps of cardstock and die cut some hexagons in various shapes and sizes. I cut a couple of the hexagons into diamonds and adhered them to a panel of cream cardstock.  I used foam tape on a couple of the shapes to add a bit more interest and dimension.   I stamped 'Hello' onto the yellow "hexalong" and added a spattering of gold sequins as an accent.   


The card felt a little a little top heavy, so I added a strip of gold glitter ribbon to anchor it a bit. My final step was to adhere the cream cardstock panel to a kraft card base.

This card was inspired by the sweet geometric vignette I found at Oh Happy Day!


I found the shapes and colors of the hexagon trays (item 3) super inspiring and tried to capture that with my card.

If you haven't already, I hope you can find some time this weekend to play along with the Happy for Hexagon challenge at Moxie Fab World.  You have until Friday, March 7 to link up your take and join in all the fun! :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! 
Katie

Supplies: 
  • Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Hawaiian Shores, Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise, Berry Sorbet) Avery Elle (Fizz, Kraft)
  • Dies: Hexagons by Spellbinders, Hexalongs by Paper Smooches
  • Stamps: The Big, The Bold, and the Happy by Winnie and Walter
  • Ink: MFT Stamps
  • Accents: Glitter Ribbon by American Crafts; Sequins by Hobby Lobby

5 comments:

  1. LOVE this...the gold touches are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool card, Katie! The colors you chose for your hexies--love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is me.
    This is me swooning!!!
    Love your card, Katie!
    Just plain love it!

    Thanks for linking it up to the MFW Happy for Hexagons challenge!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!