Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Thinking of You

Happy Sketchy Tuesday!

Just wanted to share a little card that I created for Skipping Stones Sketch #127.  I recently got my hot little hands on one of Skipping Stones older releases, Victorian Summer, and all I can say is this one is truly swoon-worthy, friends.


I stuck pretty close to the sketch because it was just perfect for the look I was trying to achieve.  I stamped the large flower from Victorian Summer onto 3 die cut flowers that I scruffed up and bit, layers and attached together with some adhesive and a large brad.  I stamped the rose vine on the project in two corners using a very light tea dye ink- I really love how it almost looks like it's part of the patterned paper.  The sentiment was stamped on a banner die that I trimmed and inked up a bit.

Here is a look at this week's sketch:


Skipping Stones Design hosts a sketch challenge each week on the blog and the winner gets to select a free set of choice. Head over to the Skipping Stones blog for more details and to link up your fabulous creation.  While you are there, check out the amazing parade of inspiration featuring the design team and our guests!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  Make it a great one!

Katie

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card! Wow! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so soft and pretty Katie, and I really like the stamping under the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!