Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Want to Cuddle?

Hello friends!

I am finally getting around to posting a card I created for the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge.  I used Party Pals, Vogue Abode and Smoocheros to create this little number.



I first stamped the rug from Vogue Abode to create a little spotlight for this adorable hamster that I stamped and trimmed out after coloring the little guy pink with Copics.  I stamped the sentiment onto a word bubble sticker that I picked up from Hobby Lobby, and can I just say that word bubbles are like the most fun ever?

The patterned papers are from KI Memories new Valentine's Day collection and I added a few more die cut heart as a finishing touch.

Here is a close up of the focal point.


Below is the inspiration photo for this challenge.


I was definitely inspired by the hearts and the fun and cute style.  I also incorporated a bit of pinking edging in my heart patterned paper.

I was also inspired to make this card to give to my hubby.  Today is our 11 year wedding anniversary.  To celebrate, our 7 year old made dinner (crunchy scrambled eggs and toast, anyone?) and the girls "put on a show" while we dined at the dining room table on breakfast for dinner.  I just wanted to say, Happy Anniversary Jason and thank you to my girls for such a lovely evening!

Here are a couple pictures of Jason and me on our wedding day in Florence Italy.



Thanks for indulging me in a bit of family nostalgia and thanks for stopping by!  Have a great evening!

Katie

2 comments:

  1. Great card! I love your wedding photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is too fab Katie, I adore it!

    Italy?! How romantic! I looove those photos, look at you two! Thank you for sharing and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY (a bit late, wink)!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!