Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Holiday Skates {Avery Elle}

Hello friends!

I am on the Avery Elle blog today with a card featuring the festive Holiday Skates clear stamps. Ice skates are such a beautiful icon of the winter season, and I love all the thoughtful extra images included in this set to make the skates extra special.


To create the card, first I die cut the Let it Snow Elle-ments die from a piece of iridescent glitter card stock. I love glitter card stock because it lets me have all the sparkle with none of the mess.  I die cut the inner dome from water color card stock and added some Distress Oxide inks in Tattered Rose and Scattered Straw.  I also stamped the snowflakes from the Holiday Skates stamp set in Tattered Rose ink before adding the sentiment in black ink. 


I stamped, colored and die cut the skates and accent images and arranged them onto the water color panel. Once I was happy with the placement, I secured the pieces to a notecard using tape runner and Avery Elle's liquid adhesive. The liquid glue has the precision of a pen making it perfect for adding the right amount of adhesive to small die cuts.

Supplies: 

Thanks for skating by today!
Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!