Saturday, January 14, 2012

Moxie Fab- Die Cut Challenge

Hello friends!

I wanted to share a card I made for the Die Cut Challenge that Cath is hosting over at Moxie Fab World.


Our challenge is to incorporate die cuts in an innovative way and well, my entire card is a die cut.  Using my Cricut and the Just Because Cards cartridge I cut the sailboat image at 6" from cardstock and patterned paper (Simple Stories- Celebrations).  To make the die cut a card, I cut 2 shadow layers and scored the second shadow layer below the flag and adding some super strong adhesive above the flag to hold the layers together.  

I stamped some swirls (PTI- Fancy Flourishes), and sentiment (Half Pint Heroes- Waltzingmouse Stamps) on the sails and added the star (another die cut) and some buttons for a little extra embellishment. (And because I really like buttons and twine. They are kinda my go-to embellies.)  

This card is going to my sweet nephew Carson who is turning 1 in just a couple weeks along with a whole boat-load (get it??) of bath time toys.  Do you think he will like it?

Can't wait to see you ideas for using die cuts!  Link up your project by Feb 13 to play along!  

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a fabulous day!

Katie

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super adorable Katie!
    I love your Blog & what lovely work you do. I am your brand new Follower here.I'm sure your Nephew will love this cute Boat.

    Thanks for all the inspiration.

    Hugs,
    Riti

    http://alilpieceofheaven17.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! I just love this card! Great idea and fun sentiment. Wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just darling Katie. I was wondering if you would be interested in following one another's blogs. I'd love to have you stop back by and become and follower, and I'd love to follow you as well. This is so cute, I can't wait to see what else you will make.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Katie! Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, what an amazing card - love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Katie! Thanks for linking this up to the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!