Sunday, August 7, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge CFC14

Hi Friends-

I am playing along today with this week's challenge posted on the CAS-ual Friday's blog.  This weeks challenge is to add glitz and glitter to a project using Glue Dots or Glue Strips.  I decided to use Glue strips to make the following card:

Rainbow Color Card

I applied Glue Strips to a piece of white cardstock and added red glitter to the line.  A tip to keep the glitter in check is to wipe the card with a piece of flannel or felt after applying each color to keep the sparkle in its place. I repeated to process for the other rainbow colors, stamped the sentiment in black ink and added buttons in a rainbow of colors for a little extra dimension.  I adhered the card front to a black card base.   My craft room looks like it has been to Mardi Gras, but I am pretty pleased with the end result.  

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my sparkly card!  Have a great week!

Katie

Supplies: 
  • Cardstock- Papertrey Ink
  • Stamps: Happy Trails- Papertrey Ink
  • Ink: Memento
  • Buttons and Twine: Papertrey Ink
  • Glitter: Martha Stewart
  • Other: Glue Strips


8 comments:

  1. Love the colors and the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Katie! This is awesome! Great job with that glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How PERFECT!!The rainbow effect is so lovely!! You definitely have used the glue strips and kick them up a notch! So glad that you play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!! PS: love your tips!! And I love the Mardi Gras description of your craft room :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and I had about the same idea - color - color - color. You're creation is beautiful. I will be surprised if yours is not one of the ones to be chosen! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love the glitter rainbow effect with the sweet buttons! Lovely. Here's mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your card is amazing. love the button accents and the rich rainbow colors you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Great use of glitter. The colors are so vibrant. The buttons were the perfect touch. Fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Wow! This is such a fun and happy design! I love all the sparkle :) Glad you got glitzy with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!