Thursday, June 23, 2011

Trigger Tuesday: Lovely as a Lullaby

Hi folks!

I am back with another Trigger Tuesday from Cath's Moxie Fab World blog.  This week's trigger is this lovely.

Before I show my project, I just have to say that this trigger tugged at my heartstrings because, you see, one of my girls has a lovey blankie, as evidenced by the photo below.


This is Sophie,  also known as Toodles and Boots.  This picture was taken at my older daughter's dance recital.  See that piece of cloth in her hands?  That's "Lilky" kinda like "Silky," but once she started talking, she replaced the "L" with an "S" and once we could pronounce it, the name stuck. This humble piece of silk fabric has provided my darling Sophie with so much comfort and peace and reassurance over the past 3.5 years. It is only fitting that my project below is dedicated to "Lilkly" and lovey blankies everywhere.

Welcome Baby Card


I was inspired by the theme of the photo to make a sweet baby card with some of my new stamping goodies from Papertrey Ink and Waltzing Mouse Stamps.  The blankie colors and patterns in the photo translated to the soft blue, yellow and flax colors in the card as well as the the stripe and polka dot patterns. Finally the ribbon tags and well loved texture of the blankets in the photo inspired me to add texture to my card via a tissue paper overlay, ribbon, pom pom trim and a button tied with twine.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a "lovey" week!
Katie

Supplies
  • Stamps- Bundle of Love and Distressed Stripes- Papertrey Ink; Gingham and Company- Waltzing Mouse Stamps
  • Cardstock- Fine Linen, Vintage Cream, Lemon Tart- Papertrey Ink
  • Patterned Paper- Pretty Pastels- Papertrey Ink
  • Ink- Verafine
  • Ribbon- Making Memories
  • Dies: Papertrey Ink
  • Button- Papertrey Ink
  • Other: Pom Pom trim, tissue paper, and twine
Card is 4" x 6"

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love your layout and overlay of tissue paper, perfect for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really sweet card - perfect for the trigger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got that PTI set in the mail—love what you made with it. Great card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE how you added those pops of black such a fantastic, modern design

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!