Friday, March 4, 2016

Pantone's Colors of the Year {Waffle Flower Crafts}

Hello friends,

I am on the Waffle Flower Crafts blog today with a round up of inspiring images featuring the Pantone Institute's  2016 Colors of the Year- Serenity and Rose Quartz.

When the colors were first announced, I was skeptical.  "Come on, pink and blue?" I thought.  And then there's this...

And this...


Amiright? I tried to keep an open mind, and upon further examination I found that it is a combination that's surprising versatile- mod, classic, timeless and trendy.  I think I'm a fan.

I decided to play with Rose Quartz and Serenity in my card below.  First I die cut a white card stock panel with the outermost Lacy Layers die.  Next, I stamped one of the feather images from the Feather More stamp set in light blue and light pink ink.  To keep that card from looking too sugary sweet and to give it a bit of edginess, I spatted some black ink over the stamped images.


I decided that the card needed even more neutrals, so I introduced silver/gray through the sentiment.  I die cut the Awesome word die onto a shimmery silver paper and stamped the sentiment from the In Every Way stamp set onto a circle cut with the Flower Circles die set.


Before adhering the sentiment to the card with a bit of foam tape, I added some metallic silver thread using the foam tape to keep the thread in place. A few clear sequins add a finishing touch. 

Well that's all for me today, but I do hope that you will stop by the Waffle Flower blog for even more Color of the Year inspiration. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Kate

Edited to add: The ink colors I used are Hero Art's Passion Flower (don't let the purple case fool you, this is PINK ink) Altenew's Sea Glass, and Hero Arts Soft Granite. 

3 comments:

  1. Loved your Pantone post Katie. And curious as to which inks you used for those pastel tones?

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!