Sunday, December 14, 2014

Rockin' Record Card {Paper Smooches SPARKS}

Hello!

Today starts another Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge and this week, we are inspired by this picture of a lovely necklace:


There are so many approaches to take with this inspiration photo, but when it came down to it, I saw rocks and my mind went here: 


Using the Beboppin' stamp set, I stamped a bunch of the records on a white card base.  I added the record labels with ink colors that reminded me of the rock colors.  I popped a few of the records up with foam tape for a little interest.  


I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of white card stock and trimmed it at an angle. I adhered it to the card also with foam tape on top of a black card stock mat.   Lastly, I stamped the star among the rockin' records and called it finished. :)


Ready to play?  You know the routine!  Link up your take on this week's challenge to the Paper Smooches SPARKS blog by 11:59 p.m. PST on Saturday, December 20.  The winner of the challenge will get a $30.00 gift certificate to the Paper Smooches store!  Yay!!!! 

Be sure to check out the inspiration from the other SPARKS team members playing along with this week's challenge: 

That's all for me today!  Thanks so much for stopping by!  I can't wait to see what you create! 
Katie


5 comments:

  1. Love your interpretation of the inspiration photo! The sentiment made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE how you were inspired--- what a clever idea! ROCKS! LOVE your records and the colored centers... love the diag on the sentiment banner--- FAB x10000000, Katie! YOU are AMMMMMAZING:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWOWOWOWOWOW!! I LOVE this!! It is such a Design and take on the Challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun card and love how you used the inspiration picture.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!