Friday, November 21, 2014

Time to Soar {Avery Elle}

Hello!  

I am still on my mini-bloggy break, but I am popping in because I wanted to share a card that is being featured on the Avery Elle blog today.   A few weekends ago, I had a crafty retreat with my girlfriends and I had the opportunity to try a few techniques that don't get a lot of "play" in my day to day card making- like watercoloring.  


I stamped the sentiment and feather from Avery Elle's Look Up stamp set with Ranger's Black Archival ink on a piece of watercolor paper.  Next, I smooshed some yellow, green and blue dye ink onto an acrylic block and added the ink and lots of water to the feather images.  


I die cut the watercolor panel using the Finished Frame dies (love those!) and adhered it to a black mat.  I attached the card front to a white card stock card base.  Finally, I added a few enamel dots to the panel to balance it out.

Well, that's all for me today!  Thanks so much for stopping by! :) 

Katie

3 comments:

  1. This card made me gasp with delight cuz it is just so stylish and chic!! Way to go - good job on making this beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!