Monday, October 20, 2014

Batty Candy Boxes {Halloween Week}

Hello friends!

Welcome to Halloween Week at Stamping Lightly!  Yes, I know that Halloween is NEXT week, but if you are anything like me, now is the time that I start thinking about what I need to do to celebrate Halloween with the kiddos (and their classes).


All week long, I will be sharing some ideas for Halloween Tricks and Treats- simple paper crafted projects that you can easily create to add a homemade touch to your Halloween celebrations. Although I typically make a lot of cards, Halloween is ALL about the candy, so today, I am sharing a simple idea to transform a candy box into a spooky sweet bat.

You will need: 




I trimmed a piece of black card stock to 7" by 5".  Using the instructions included with the punch board, I punched and scored the card stock. 


Before assembling the box, I stamped and heat embossed the bat face with white embossing powder. 


I formed the candy box into a rectangle securing it with strong adhesive- red line tape or score tape works well for this. I tied one end of the box closed with baker's twine and added a few small pieces of candy to the box before tying the other end of the box closed.  

I die cut the bat ears using the coordinating dies from the Mega Halloween Treats and Sweets die set, added a thin line of glue and inserted the ears into the seams of the box.  If you don't have these dies, you could also cut simple triangles from card stock and use them for the ears.  Likewise, If you don't have the Halloween Treats and Sweets stamp set, you can improvise with any small circle stamps or even google eyes and a white gel pen to draw the mouth.  You can make two of these batty treat boxes from one 8.5 x 11 pieces of black card stock making these cutie boxes easy and pretty economical as well. 

Well that's all for me today, but I will be back tomorrow with some more ideas for Halloween treats. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Katie







1 comment:

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!