Thursday, October 3, 2013

Counting down to World Card Making Day

Hello friends and happy Friday eve!

World Card Making Day is two days away and there is excitement in the air!  I adore World Card Making Day and always look forward to the first Saturday in October.  I get to be crafty and spend time with my friends without cleaning my house, shopping for gifts or cooking a meal.... what's not to love?!

A few weeks ago, I received an invitation from Cath from Moxie Fab World to create a card in honor of World Card Making Day for a post she wrote today on the Paper Crafts Connection blog.  Cath issued invitations to card makers from all over the world to celebrate the international aspect of World Card Making Day.

I decided to make a birthday card that used that most humble of paper crafting staple, card stock.  Using the wavy border die from Paper Smooches, I die cut card stock into cascading waves and adhered them to a kraft card stock base.


I stamped Celebrate from Neat & Tangled's Just for You set in brown ink and colored in the loops with Copic markers.  


A few enamel dots in coordinating colors add a finishing touch. 

If you haven't already, please take some time today to stop by the Paper Crafts Connections blog to see what the other designers created.  We are also sharing our thoughts about relationships that we have cultivated with other paper crafters from around the world. 

My thanks to Cath for reaching out with this invitation to participate.  I hope you can find some time this weekend to celebrate this amazing hobby!

Thanks for stopping by!
Katie 

Supplies: 
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Just for You by Neat and Tangled
Die: Borders 1 by Paper Smooches
Accent: Enamel Dots by Doodlebug Designs
Markers: Copic




6 comments:

  1. Love this fun, and modern CAS card, great color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this fun and funky card Katie! So fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Killer card Katie. Cheers to WCMD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card makes my heart skip a beat, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie, I love this card! I could look at it all day long. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card, love it's simplicity, yet it's so interesting. Great colours!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!