Thursday, September 19, 2013

SPARKS Challenge: Birthday Castle in the Clouds


Hi friends,

I am playing along with this week's Paper Smooches SPARKs Challenge.  I have birthdays on the brain this week as my little princess, Sophie turned 6 years old.  Using the color inspiration from this week's challenge, I used Royal Cuteness and Birthday Sampler to create a little Birthday Castle in the Clouds.
dsc_0438


I trimmed a piece of teal polka dot paper and adhere it to a card base made from light gray cardstock. Next, I die cut a flag from purple cardstock and adhered it to the patterned paper.  I die cut some clouds from light and dark gray cardstock. I stamped the sentiment on the light gray cloud and adhered all the clouds to the card.

dsc_0440


I stamped the castle on light gray cardstock, colored it with markers and added some stickles for a little sparkle and shine.  This is the first time the I have used Paper Smooches open format dies and I love them!!  It is so much easier to stamp then die cut. I adhered the castle with a bit of foam tape and added some lime green enamel dots as a finishing touch.



Here is a look at this week's colors, Fresh Fall:


Well that's all for me today!  
Thanks for stopping by!
Katie

1 comment:

  1. OH MY! I loooooooove this card! I LOVE your use of these colors! I LOVE that castle in the clouds! FUN! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over that Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!

    ps...I know I'm SUPER late in leaving this comment:) I hope that you will link up some more creations (tonight ends the ANYTHING GOES challenge! And tomorrow starts the "lace" trend!)!!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!