Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Skipping Stones- Inspiration Challenge 137

Good morning!

Just popping by to share a card I created for the latest inspiration challenge at Skipping Stones Design.  This month, we are taking a break from the sketches and offering inspiration photos to get the mojo going.

Here is the card I created based on this week's photo:


I chose to focus on the colors in the photo for my project.  Lately, I have been inspired by other artist and designers who have taken a classic shape, in this case a cloud, and turn it on it's ear by filling it with unexpected color and pattern.  Who says that clouds have to be white or even gray?  


I turned to several Skipping Stones sets to add the color and pattern to the clouds including Pumpkin Seed, Garden Stamp Kiss, Grunge 2 and the sentiment is from Always Here.  To add a bit more interest to what could otherwise be a flat card, I did deboss the card front with a linen texture embossing plate after I stamped the sentiment and before I adhered the clouds.  A few coordinating buttons finished off the project. 

Here is this week's inspiration photo. 


Love this photo- there are so many different directions you could go with this and the design team and guests really showcase a lot of the possibilities.  Please be sure to swing by the Skipping Stones Design blog to check out their takes on this week's challenge.  Don't forget that today also starts another inspiration challenge on the blog.  We want to see how this week's photo has inspired you- check out all the details on the store blog

Well, that's it for me today.  Hope your week is off to a great start and thank you for visiting!

Katie

5 comments:

  1. Why, yes, as it so happens, you ARE AMAZING! This card ROCKS! Totally in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright colors, totally awesome card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE how you made your clouds! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling clouds...congrats on your Papercrafts entry too!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!