Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Love You Dude (and I used spray mist and didn't pass out)

Good morning!

Just wanted to share a card I created for Skipping Stones sketch challenge 131.  This is our first sketch for June by our talented sketch artist and newest Design Team member, Cyndi Bundy.


Here is my take on the sketch: 


I used a few elements from Grunge 2 to create my card.  The man icon is available as one of the images in Funny About Men.  Inspired by the ink spot on the patterned paper (American Crafts- Amy Tangerine), I pulled out my spray mist and attempted to splatter ink.  Although it didn't turn out like I imagined in my head,  I didn't hate it- which for me is huge. I have a long way to go before I would consider myself a splatter artist like some of my friends and talented designers out there, but it's a start, right? 


The banners are some washi tape that I had laying around.  

Now it's your turn to create a card based on this week's sketch.  Head over to the Skipping Stones blog for all the details on this week's sketch challenge and to link up your take.  While you are over there, be sure to check out all the amazing creations of our talented designers and guests. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Katie





4 comments:

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!