Friday, November 17, 2017

Modern Calligraphy Place Cards {Avery Elle}

Hello crafty friends!  

I am up on the Avery Elle blog this week with a simple project to share with you today featuring the Modern Calligraphy stamp set.  I love to add a little handmade touch to my celebrations- whatever the occasion! Last weekend was the semi-annual creative retreat with my crafty friends, so I crafted some place cards to decorate our tables. 


First, I used the Large Pierced Scallop Rectangles to die cut the paper. Next, I stamped each letter of my friends' names with black ink.  It may look tricky, but the letters flow together wonderfully.  I was really pleased with the look- just like hand-lettered calligraphy! If your placement is off just a bit, you can use a black pigment ink pen to connect the letters. 


I stamped and die cut the flower, coloring it in with Copic markers before adhering it to the place card with foam tape. I punched a small hole in each place card and tied it to the burlap leaf with some twine.  I found the burlap leaves at my local Hobby Lobby.


I've included a list of the Avery Elle supplies that I used to create these place cards below.  

Supplies:


I hope you'll consider adding a little handmade touch to your next celebration or event!

Thanks for stopping by!
Katie

1 comment:

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!