Sunday, March 24, 2013

Chalkboard Birthday Card

Hello friends!

My apologies for the quiet on the blog-front of late.  Most of what has been occupying my time lately are the not so charmed aspects of life. As a result, my crafty time and mojo have been extremely limited.

I am slowly getting back into the swing of things and I do have some cards and projects to share with you this week. I thought I would start off by sharing a card I created using the chalkboard technique + WPlus9's Written on Ribbon stamp set.

dsc_0571

I stamped and embossed the ribbon and sentiments onto black chalkstock from Canvas Corp.To further enhanced the chalkboard look, I added some white pigment ink and shading with a white colored pencil.

I die cut a few clouds from patterned paper and adhered them to the card along with some small stars. A strip of washi and coordinating patterned paper finished off the card.

I hope you are having a great weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!

Katie

Supplies: 
Patterned paper: Crate Paper
Dies: Clouds (Papertrey Ink), Stars (Simon Says Stamp)
Stamps: Written on Ribbon (WPlus9
Ink: Versamark, Fresh Snow (Papertrey Ink); Creative Memories Black Calk Ink
Embossing Powder: Filigree White

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely Katie! Great mix of patterns... especially love the clouds.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!