Monday, July 4, 2016

Bloom Where You're Planted {Waffle Flower Challenge}

Hello friends, 

Happy Monday and happy Independence Day to my US friends.  A new month means a new Waffle Flower Challenge and here is this month's inspiration photo: 


So fun, right?  I was inspired by the fun, bright colors in the inspiration photo as well as the arrangement of items on that side table. I pulled out my Planted Stamp Set, and with some simple masking and Waffle Flower’s new dye inks, I created a summery arrangement of plants and pots. All of my Waffle Flower Crafts supplies are listed below. 


I started my stamping the pink pots in the foreground, masked them and then stamped the plants in the background.  The striped bowl also got a mask so I could stack him with another bowl and tuck him among the other larger pots.


When it came to stamping the plants, I overstamped them by stamping them first with the Chirp Chirp (green) ink and then with You Said What (yellow).  The dye inks combined to make pretty new shades just using  what I had on hand.  The tall plant was stamped twice with green and once with yellow while the aloe looking plant was stamped once with green and twice with yellow.  You could use a stamp positioner to get super precise results, but I just eye-balled it and stamped using acrylic blocks.
Supplies: 

I hope you are inspired to play along with this month's challenge.  You can find all the details, including the rules and how to link up here.  Be sure to check out the inspiration from the Waffle Flower Design Team each Monday on the Waffle Flower blog.

Thanks for stopping by!
Katie

1 comment:

Your thoughts mean so much to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you stopped by!